Senior Counsel (US)
The Senior Counsel is responsible for the delivery and coordination of outstanding transactional support services, advising on technology and outsourcing deals and commercial disputes for Marshall Denning’s clients.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contractual documents related to re-negotiations, renewals, upsells, amendments, and account wind-down.
- Provide timely and quality advice and direction to business leaders on contract governance, compliance, growth, disputes, transition and transformation and wind-down.
- Act with urgency and accountability and establish a superior working relationship with account leaders and sales teams.
- Respond to ad hoc queries in a timely manner to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks to provide appropriate legal solutions.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by seeking process improvements and networking effectively to share innovations across a broad cross-section of the MD organization.
- Work with high energy and enhance team relationships as an individual contributor who freely collaborates with the business and legal team.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
You must be a dynamic, experienced and technically excellent lawyer with strong teamwork, business risk-assessment and creative problem solving skills both in commercial and operational matters. In addition to possessing interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with clients, you must have:
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems and think creatively.
- Strong people and communication skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with Marshall Denning and its clients’ internal clients at all levels of management -- as well as collaborate on cross-functional teams on complex deals and processes.
- Business acumen and an ability to understand and navigate within the intersection between legal and business issues.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, a sense of humor, positive attitude and the ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Commitment to the highest levels of ethics and personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent academic credentials, including an advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB) from a top-tier institution, plus an active bar membership in at least one state.
- Must be able to live and authorized to work in the U.S.
- 6+ years of relevant professional legal experience (transactional negotiation and drafting experience) with a top-tier law firm and/or preeminent corporate legal environment. Candidates demonstrating exceptional abilities in other areas of qualification will be considered.
- Experience with IT, Applications, BPO outsourcing, and/or management of long-term commercial contracts is a plus.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to email@example.com.