The Senior Counsel reports to the Legal Director and is responsible for the delivery and coordination of outstanding transactional support services, advising on technology and outsourcing deals and commercial disputes for Marshall Denning’s clients. This position will initially be assigned to support a major multinational technology / outsourcing company.
- Provide advice and negotiation support in connection with a broad range of commercial transactions, including drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, legal research, contract interpretation, account counseling and supporting customer governance processes.
- Directly lead deal support for “new logo” deals up to $100M and ongoing account deal work that involves review and negotiation of non-standard terms and conditions.
- Provide ongoing legal advice to account teams regarding legal implications of specific terms and conditions in existing contracts.
- Provide legal support with respect to complex transition and transformation activities including contract interpretation, document drafting, attending and leading meetings, drafting and responding to key communications and issue resolution and dispute management.
- Provide any legal support required with respect to account terminations.
- Responsible for legal support and advice required in connection with any disputes between an account and a customer or third party that are not being handled by internal client account support teams.
- Proactive and creative pursuit of opportunities to introduce tools and methodologies that improve transaction risk profile or efficiency of legal support model.
- Thought leadership in implementing process improvements and know-how / training across the team.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
You must be a dynamic, experienced and technically excellent lawyer with strong teamwork, business risk-assessment and creative problem solving skills both in commercial and operational matters. In addition to possessing interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with clients, you must have:
- Active law licensure and required legal education
- 6+ years of experience at a top tier law firm and/or global corporation
- Extensive commercial negotiations experience required, including multinational and high value deals, preferably in services industry
- Ability to provide strategic business advice and legal counsel regarding specific deals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Embraces innovative legal delivery services solutions, including use of technology and process to improve effectiveness/efficiency of delivery of legal services
- Demonstrable knowledge and judgment about legal and commercial issues in transactions.
- Track record in managing a portfolio of deals of varying complexity and volumes.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.