- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contractual documents related to re-negotiations, renewals, upsells, amendments, and account wind-down.
- Provide timely and quality advice and direction to business leaders on contract governance, compliance, growth, disputes, transition and transformation and wind-down.
- Act with urgency and accountability and establish a superior working relationship with account leaders and sales teams.
- Respond to ad hoc queries in a timely manner to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks to provide appropriate legal solutions.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by seeking process improvements and networking effectively to share innovations across a broad cross-section of the MD organization.
- Work with high energy and enhance team relationships as an individual contributor who freely collaborates with the business and legal team.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to solve problems and think creatively.
- Strong people and communication skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with MD and its clients’ internal clients at all levels of management -- as well as collaborate on cross functional teams on complex deals and processes.
- Business acumen and an ability to understand and navigate within the intersection between legal and business issues.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, a sense of humor, positive attitude and the ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Commitment to the highest levels of ethics and personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent academic credentials, including an advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB) from a top-tier institution, plus an active bar membership in at least one state;
- Must be able to live and authorized to work in the U.S.
- 2 to 5+ years of relevant professional legal experience (transactional negotiation and drafting experience) with a top-tier law firm and/or preeminent corporate legal environment. Candidates demonstrating exceptional abilities in other areas of qualification will be considered.
- Experience with IT, Applications, BPO outsourcing, and/or management of long-term commercial contracts is a plus.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.